Saturday 10 December 2016

A Loving Reminder

Hey guys,

So, this really sweet thing happened last  month  , and I wanted to share it with everyone here.

It was just another long , tiring day . I got back home from work , and was in a particularly depressing mood.  I feel so depressed most of the time nowadays, I feel so empty and drained of energy .. I know, it's so cliched,  but its a cycle I cant seem to break  -  Being ok , then something ..or rather , the lack of something , in my life ( not talking of  material stuff here) will trigger my descend into these really bleak thoughts.

Okay, so that evening , I  just wanted to lie down and sleep. I sat on my bed , declared that I dont feel like making dinner, and took out my phone.  Everything felt so pointless , I googled ''I miss Krishna" and few other things on a similar note , and then  browsed some blogs on him , old ones .  I do this sometimes , but the last I thought of him was a month or two back . 

That's when my husband ( lets call him  'N' )   said  -  ''Hey, looks like there is some function going on in the Club house , lets go check it out.  Maybe there's food. " . I replied dully "Okay".   The club house is like a party hall in our apartment . 

I left our apartment reluctantly and stepped out into the cold night. We reached the hall , only a few people where inside., whatever the function was , had gotten over . There were some  deities decked up on an altar on the stage , with lamps placed in front of them  . We didn't care much though, we hurried over to where they were still giving out prasad . 

Suddenly, one lady  standing beside me asked If i had offered dia to bhagwan . 'Um,  no' , I said. She said it would be nice if we did that before eating the prasad , and took N and me to the altar. I picked up a lamp , and placed it in front of the deity and looked up to the smiling face of Krishna ! Yes, the deities were of Radha Krishna , beautifully dressed up in flower garlands.  I was amazed. I noticed there was a guy from ISKCON standing  next to me and asked him what was special about today . He said that it was related to the  Kartik month celebrations .

 The month of Kartik is considered auspicious by Krishna devotees, and one of the sweetest pastimes of baby Krishna took place in this month - the one where he gets tied up by his mother  for stealing butter .   I  love that pastime ! 
Krishna lets himself be bound by Yashoda , after she surrenders to him indirectly , saying  - " I'm tired of this , Krishna. What miracle is this? I have tried and tried to tie you up with all this rope, but still cant get it around your tiny waist! Now, you do whatever you like ..I give up " . Krishna here agrees to be bound and defeated by our love for him .  

Before , during this month  , I used  to offer lighted lamps to the Tulsi plant ( Tulsi devi) and ask  for devotion to Krishna always. Tulsi devi is a great devotee and extremely dear to Krishna .  I had completely forgotten about it now though .  I told him so , and he said "Well , this is Krishna reminding you ",  and smiled .   I just said ''Yeah " and laughed.  I was filled with so much of love for  him !! Our darling little baby reminding me that it was his favorite month , and that he wasn't getting any attention from me :) 

 I remember reading about something similar in Drainpiper's blog too - Krishna never forgets us, even if we forget him. 

N was pleasantly surprised too , I had just been complaining to him of how I missed Krishna. Anyway, the little charmer had turned my mood around . We sat down , and started eating the prasad. The ISKCON guy we were talking to, came and sat next to us after a while. We started chatting about stuff, where we were from ..our work .. about his coming into ISKCON etc. 

He asked N if he knew the pastime associated with this month. He said no. He asked if N would like to hear about it. N said okay , as he didn't want to sound rude. And my husband doesn't really care about all this,  his beliefs are more atheistic.  I couldn't help smiling ( actually wanted to laugh out loud) . I mean, it was funny . The guy started describing the pastime in great detail and there N was, pretending to be interested and laughing at the right moments in the story. . Lol. Now, I enjoy listening to anyone talk about Krishna with love , so had a pretty nice time just sitting there, listening. 

On the way back home , N teasingly told me that if it wasn't for him, all this wouldn't have happened. So the real credit for cheering me up goes to him, Krishna was taking false credit.  :P hehehee..

Once we reached, I rushed to the small pooja room in  my house, and hugged Krishna.  I love this baby  so damn much!  He made me feel that he cared about me , and wanted to cheer me up . It could all be a perfectly normal coincidence now , but I'd like to think it was him , my Krishna ,  the one constant in my life .. in whom I can take comfort in  , even during my darkest days. 




3 comments: