Saturday 4 January 2014

Dancing by the light of the Moon

                 Na jaane tose kaun yugon ka naata..                             
It was Sharad Purnima and I was outside on the terrace of my home staring at the full  moon and thinking of Krishna..

Five thousand years back, on a beautiful  night in autumn , Krishna played his enchanting flute..It was on this night that the Gopis of Vrindavan danced the Maha Raas with Krishna..

Reader, you are warned of the craziness that followed..
I made sure that no neighbors were peeping out from behind their curtains and the members of my family were all safely occupied in worldly matters.  Then i put the song  'Kanha re..thoda sa pyaar de' (from Ramanand Sagars  tv serial 'Sri Krishna') on my phone and danced ! :)

I danced by the light of the moon, the moon, the big yellow moon, lol.. 
Danced for krishna,  closed my eyes and imagined him dancing  with me .

It felt SO amazing to dance like that!! I felt deliriously happy! :)


The pic is just something i put together in paint  that night . I know, its not a great piece of work. But I was overwhelmed with how Krishnas love is eternal..how it transcends time and space..And tell me you havent looked at the moon, and imagined to see Krishnas face smiling at you!  In SagarKrishna , there's this song 'Na Jaane Tose kaun yugon ka naata' ..I particularly love these lines from it.


Behti jaaye samay ki dhara
The stream of Time continues to flow      

 Prem jahaan tha vahi khada muskaata,

Love just stands still and smiles



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    


Krishna re, tose janam janam ka naata
Oh Krishna, my bond with you lasts through every lifetime.

Dont you ?

1 comment:

  1. Yep.... :) I feel like I'm right there, bathing in the enchanting bliss of the beautiful music of Krishna's flute.....

    ReplyDelete