Wednesday 1 October 2014

I'd love to wake up like this

This happened a few months back. The early hours of a Wednesday morning. I was sleeping , this wasn't even close to the time I'd normally wake up.   I get up around 7.00 . Something jolted me to consciousness. I was sleepily wondering what, when I heard it . People were calling out Krishna's names..! I could hear their voices coming closer . 'Govinda' ..Gopal ..Bolo'..and the Hare Krishna chants! All traces of sleep left me, and I jumped out of bed . At first I thought it was some Pooja in my neighbours house, and spent a few minutes staring out my window. Thats when the voices got closer . I dashed out my room , across the hall and hurriedly tried to unlock the door to the sit-out. I could hear my brother (in the room across the hall) asking my mom..'Huh? What in the world is that?' Well, by the time I managed to open the door, they had gone past my house. 

Turns out they were people from some Ashram near somewhere. Kind of like the Hare Krishnas ,  I think.  I've only just heard about them and all  .  It was great waking up to Krishnas names like that. My mom was amused at all this. She was like  'Usually you don't wake up even after we calling you a hundred times . But you hear the word 'Krishna ', and you jump out of bed..Silly/Crazy girl..' My brother gave me a resigned look and went back to bed. 

I wouldn't mind waking up like this everyday though :)

Hare Krishna!




1 comment:

  1. Lol... I chuckled at the part about you waking up at Krishna's name and your mom's comment about how you take forever to wake up when your parents call you :)

    Oh Kanha.....how he has captured our hearts.... love it ;)

    ReplyDelete